RE: Core dump with ora 7445

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:15:21 -0400

The trouble with Ora-7445s is that they are even less specific than ORA-600s. It's looking like the cause of the problem in our case is something that a priori could not be happening to you, since our problem is an event trigger which fires when Oracle encounters an Ora-600 error (a new 8i feature) and you're running 8.0.5. The trigger sure was a great idea, but it's brand new and I've just dropped it. Hopefully this will be fixed in 8.1.6, though since Oracle just determined that it is a bug it may not have been caught. Also, I don't have all the ramifications of this bug yet; I'm just so happy to have progress on this TAR that I want the world to know about it.