RE: Oracle DBA opening in Englewood, CO

From: ODell, Charles <ODellC_at_NCTSWASH.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:04:56 -0400

The problem with developers is they tell you to tweak the db engine in = order
to hide the fact that they're
writing lousy code.
=20

In other words if the query is running very slow it must be the Oracle parameters and not the fact
that they don't know how SQL works.
=20

Author: Donita Hilfinger=20
  INET: dohi_at_gwl.com=20

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051=20
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists=20
--------------------------------------------------------------------=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message=20 to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in=20 the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L=20 (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may=20 also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).=20 --=20
Author: Jeff Wiegand=20
  INET: jwiegand_at_ancept.com=20
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051=20
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists=20
--------------------------------------------------------------------=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message=20 to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in=20 the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L=20 (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may=20 also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).=20
************************************************************************=

***=20
The information in this Internet e-mail is confidential and may be = legally=20
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this=20 Internet e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised and any disclosure, = copying,=20
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on = it,=20
is prohibited and may be unlawful.=20
 When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this =

Internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in = any=20
applicable documentation or market practices governing the relationship =

between Garban Intercapital plc and its clients.=20

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender=20 except where they are stated to be the views of Garban Intercapital = plc.=20

***=20
--=20

Author: Chris Griffith=20
  INET: Chris.Griffith_at_dstm.com=20