RE: wait events

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad012000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:35:50 PDT

Hi Deepak,
The db file sequential read occurs when there is a wait on a sequential read. Check to see if there are buffer busy waits too. Query v$session_wait to get the file#, block# and blocks and check with dba_extents to see if you are waiting constantly on some objects (tables, indexes). You can cache them or add db_block_buffers to alleviate the contention for those resources.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Madhavan
IBM Corporation Webserver Div