Re: Segments storage in memory

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:19:25 -0700

Viktor,

The BUFFER_POOL keep is the new features of Oracle 8i.

In Oracle 8i, you will have better control over the database buffer cache. In addition to the original db_block_buffers (the default pool), Oracle introduce the concept of recycle pool and keep pool.

Oracle also use another a new concept of mid-point insert to handle the LRU list in Oracle 8i.

Winnie

Viktor Naumov <stant_98_at_yahoo.com> on 05/16/2000 02:05:40 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

Subject: Re: Segments storage in memory

First,I haven't heard anything about BUFFER_POOL KEEP clause. Am I missing something here?
Secondly, when you say CACHE when creating a table(recommended for small tables), your SGA will cache the table which will make data retreval faster. Lastly, I haven't heard anything such as creating INDEX
with CACHE spec. Am I missing something here too?

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/
Author: Viktor Naumov
  INET: stant_98_at_yahoo.com