Question about objects whose object_type='TYPE'

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:32:01 GMT

Hi:

I have a question about oracle object whose type ='TYPE'. I did the following query to our oracle db:

SQLWKS> select * from all_objects where object_type='TYPE'
     2> and owner='CATPROD2'
     3>
OWNER                          OBJECT_NAME                    SUBOBJECT_NAME
                 OBJECT_ID  DATA_OBJEC OBJECT_TYPE        CREATED
LAST_DDL_ TIMESTAMP           STATUS  T G S
------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ------------------
CATPROD2                       HPXCHARTAB
                      33332            TYPE               27-APR-00
27-APR-00 2000-01-28:12:27:51 VALID   N N N
CATPROD2                       HPXSTRINGLIST
                      33333            TYPE               27-APR-00
27-APR-00 2000-02-28:12:03:28 VALID N N N 2 rows selected.

Does anyone know how probably these two objects get created? How to find more info about "TYPE" objects? I thought they might get created when store procedures (with the same name) were created, but I am not positive. We already dropped the store procedures.

Thanks.

Guang