815 much slower than 734

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis_Brouillette_at_UQTR.UQuebec.CA>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:44:22 -0400

Environment:
AIX 4.2.1
Oracle 8.1.5

I migrated a test database from 7.3.4.5 to 8.1.5. Anything obvious why the 8.1.5 database would be much slower than the 7.3.4 database ? Is there an init parameter that I should change to make it faster ?

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
Email: Louis_Brouillette_at_uqtr.uquebec.ca

 From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
 Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:18:59 +0700
 Subject: connect thru sql*net hangs

List (oracle 7.3.2.3, AIX)

it has happened twice this week,
suddenly the clients connecting thru sql*net hangs or take a LOOOONG time to connect... (connection on the server without sql*net was fine) I suspected the process.dat file and cleaned it also.. i have the trace 'ON' for the listener, but nothing there... i did a trace on one of the connecting client (win 98) , and Received on Tue May 16 2000 - 21:44:22 CDT