Direct export vs FastUnload

From: Martin, Alan <Alan.Martin_at_GMACInsurance.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:55:35 -0400

Does anyone have any experience with CA's (Platinum) FastUnload product? Is it faster than direct export? I'm assuming a major advantage is its ability to produce a SQL*Loader-ready format. Are there other products that compete with FastUnload? Sure I could write a script, but then I'm not bypassing the SQL layer.

My plan is to export data, use SyncSort, and then load the data back.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Alan Martin
Database Administrator
GMAC Insurance Personal Lines
Winston-Salem, NC Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 12:55:35 CDT