Re: For Jared Still Only

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 10:54:51 -0700 (PDT)

Chuck,

This sounds like either a deficiency in the MUA you are using, or maybe a misconfiguration.

The emails go out with a 'Reply-to: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com' and a 'From: <posters address>'.

Your email program is picking up the 'Sender:' as the return address. I haven't looked at the RFC, but this is probably considered bad behavior.

Is this configurable in your mail software?

Jared

On Mon, 8 May 2000 CHUCK_HAMILTON_at_qvc.com wrote:

> I like to do this too but with the current list configuration, I have to
> manually paste the recipients name into the cc: field. Is there a way to
> change the list so that the "from:" contains the poster's address instead
> of "root_at_fatcity.com". The list address "oracle-l_at_fatcity.com" could be in
> the to: or cc: header and a simple reply-all would then work.
> --
> Chuck Hamilton
> QVC Inc.
> Enterprise Technical Services
> Oracle DBA
>

> Jared Still
> <jkstill_at_bcbs To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> o.com> cc: (bcc: CHUCK HAMILTON/QVC)
> Ext: NA Subject: Re: For Jared Still Only
> Sent by:
> root_at_fatcity.
> com
>

> 05/05/00
> 02:18 PM
> Please
> respond to
> ORACLE-L
>

> Because I like to ensure the my reponse appears in
> the intended recipients INBOX, as well as on the
> list.
>
> Jared
>
> On Wed, 3 May 2000 awaisb_at_paktel.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > jared why you put your each mail two times, i think do its once.
> >
> > by
> > --
> > INET: awaisb_at_paktel.com

> Jared Still
> Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-)
> Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
> jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address
> jkstill_at_teleport.com - private
>

> --
> Author: Jared Still
> INET: jkstill_at_bcbso.com

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Received on Sat May 13 2000 - 12:54:51 CDT