Re: Oracle 8 and Forms 3

From: Malcolm Turner <MTurner_at_wcs.dnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:11:00 +0100

As someone else suggested, it's relatively easy to convert to Forms4.5.
In my last job, we converted from Forms3 to Forms4.5 to run in character mode on the same Unix box with relatively few problems. As far as I can recall, the v3 trigger names are recognized by v4.5, but we ran the forms through an awk script to change the references etc. before compiling - probably not supported by Oracle as a technique but it worked a treat.
I may still have the scripts if you want to pursue this method.
Note that v4.5 in character mode looks and behaves exactly like Forms3 - no GUI interface/mouse problems

Malcolm

Malcolm Turner

Oracle Developer,
Belfast