Redo Copy Latch MISSES

From: Stuart Houlston <Stuart.Houlston_at_bmw.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:31:22 +0100

I have read some conflicting advice and need some clarification from the list.

I currently achieve a REDO COPY LATCH miss rate of approximately 0.94%, I believe that this number is too high and I should be trying to achieve about 0.01%.

My understanding was that the LOG_SIMULTANEOUS_COPIES should be set to the number of processors in the machine (currently two). However I have just read that it should be set to 2*No of CPU's.

Does any one have an opinion on this and also what else can be done to resolve this latch contention?

The system is an Oracle 8.0.5 instance running on a NT.

Thanks

Stuart

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com