TSPITR and one table per tablespace

From: <Kapil.Mathur_at_wachovia.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:10:33 -0400

hi,

     someone mentioned to me that since Oracle8 has Tablespace-point-in-time recovery capabilities, it makes for a valid argument to put each table in it's own tablespace - the implication being that if a tablespace contains only one table, recovering a tablespace and recovering the table are identical - since I am not that familiar with the pros and cons of TSPITR , I was wondering if that feature is any reason to isolate every table in it's own tablespace - Certainly, the capability to recover data at a table by table basis makes it easier to "undo" end-user ad-hoc DML errors but I don't know what the possible overheads of such an approach might be - Any ideas, suggestions ....

thanks Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 13:10:33 CDT