Replication - Solaris and Linux

From: Michael Johnson <mjohnson138_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:31:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I'm running O8 on Solaris 2.6 and O8i on Redhat 6.1. I am trying to test out some replication but am having problems. Since I don't have OEM for Redhat, I can't run the replication manager. Is there a way I can replicate from Solaris to Redhat? Is there a secret executable that starts replication on Linux?

Also, I'm looking at the standby database option but according to the Oracle docs they must be the same version of Oracle which wrecks this idea from the outset. Again, any ideas?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/ Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 16:31:35 CDT