Re: indexes

From: Rod Corderey <RodCorderey_at_Lane-Associates.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:47:34 +0100

Hi

I don't think the issue is whether A is a FK but the desirability of the index to the execution plan.

If you had a PK of ABC it is a unique index with A at its highest level therefore if you separately indexed A it would be no more direct than the A layer of the ABC index.

hope it helps

Rod

--
Rod Corderey