"ORA-03115 unsupported network datatype or representation" Oracle 8.0.5

From: Charles Yuan <planetsoft_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:00:04 -0500

Hi Listeners,

I have a question below that I need help on.

"I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Red Hat 6.2 and everything seems to be

working ok. I created a connection bean in java using Oracle thin JDBC driver. I have tested the bean here at my company and it works great. So I
took the code to my server changed what needed to be changed and I get an
error "ORA-03115 unsupported network datatype or representation". I checked
technet.oracle.com and the solution was to "Upgrade the older version of

ORACLE, and try again."

I have asked several other DBA's and their solution was to upgrade Oracle.
This is not the answer I was looking for.

Here is the other kicker, this is for my company web solution that must go live at the end of
the month and I recommended Oracle over MySQL."

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Charles Yuan
Technical Consultant
Planetsoft, Inc. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 14:00:04 CDT