RAID 3 and I/O distribution

From: Vidya Kalyanaraman <kvidya13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:28:21 EDT

Hi DBAs,

   In our production system, we dont have tables and indexes separated. Some tables have around 800,000 rows and still growing. They are in the same tablespace and we dont have much datafiles also.

   The reason we were given is since we have RAID3, we dont need to separate the table and index data. Moreover they say that OFA is an obsolete concept now.

   I think it is not valid. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards
Vidya