Re: Re[2]: Oracle on Compaq Alpha under TRU64

From: RAJMOHAN SAKTHI <s_raj_mohan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 12:51:04 GMT

Alright..I will throw my towel in too...( Oh Boy ..at last one thread I can say something 'bout :-) )....
I am running on several HP and Compaq boxes and truly compaq sucks...No offence...HP will blow the roof of any compaq machine any time...If you are not getting that performance then there is a problem in your configuration somewhere.
I 've benchmarked several machines for a 500G datawarehouse startup project and I found HP 9000 N class machine to be very good and cost effective ( whatever that means !! ) for the performance demanded .

RS