Materialized View Problem

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:27:37 -0400

We've just started using Materialized Views on our data warehouse and have run into a weird bottleneck.

We created the mview with no problem (it's a complex view so it requires an exact text match). When the sql is sent to the instance by a Visual Basic program the materialized view is not used. However if I capture the text of the SQL in topsessions and run it in SQL Plus (or do an explain plan) the mview *is* used.

My working hypothesis is that there is an invisible control character in the SQL being sent from VB. Does anyone know how I can check for this or have any other suggestions?

Thanks loads! Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 15:27:37 CDT