srwxrwxrwx files in /tmp/.oracle

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 12:16:02 +0700

List,
AIX, oracle 7.3.2

After running instance for 2 year in this machine, i see around 30 unix files with a prefix 'S' my knowledge of unix is basic - i think these are sockets open by the listener (?) .
Many files are older, some are an year older, and all are of ZERO bytes !!

I think an 'S' file gets created whenever i re-start the listener, right ?

Can i reomve the older files, and just keep the current one ???

TIA Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:16:02 CDT