Developer 2000- Forms Beginners Qn.

From: Radhika Rao Putumbaka <radhikaraop_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 12:54:48 PDT

Hi All,

   I have a block-A that has columns pulling all the records from a base table, and also look up columns that's recieving values from a post query trigger.

   Now these records should be filtered by user's selection of a region. So, I created a list item - region (north, west,..) in a control block. I could capture the user's selected value with a

           :global.region = :ctrl_blk.region.    Now where should I pass this value inorder to filter the records in block-A for the base table columns.

   For the look up columns I passed this value in the post query trigger and it filters successfully. But in case of the columns whose records are coming from a base table, I do not know where to filter the records. As region is a look up column in block A.

appreciate your help.
Radhika.