RE : concurrent connection limit

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 18:32:31 +0200

Kevin,

   Strange indeed but definitely unrelated to the listener itself. ORA-12154 is definitely a client-side error - you need to find the service name before hitting any listener. It probably is a names server-related problem.
Concurrent connections are limited by the 'processes' init.ora parameter and the (Unix) maximum number of processes per login, whichever is smaller.

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com