Offtopic: Viruses & Spam

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:50:22 -0400

To ALL,

    Alright, don't flame me for being off topic like this. But some months ago someone harvested the old mailing list and I for one started getting a LOT of spam messages, things like how to fleece the airlines into providing cheap seats. etc... You know that "too good to be true" stuff that comes with a price tag. Well like many I was upset (to put it mildly) and decided that just deleting it was not good enough. Therefore I started sending the messages back to 'abuse@<mail system>' for all of the hosts defined in the message. Since I started that, I've been happily receiving messages like the attached and the amount of SPAM has dropped dramatically. Therefore, some of you out there may want to do likewise.

Thanks for the patience.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Vicor Corporation

Author: "Dennis Targa" <petr_at_mail.warmmail.com> Date: 4/23/00 10:38 AM

*Earn $2000 - $5000 weekly-starting within 1-4 weeks
*78% Profit Paid Daily
*No Selling
*No Risk Guarantee
*Work from home, No overhead, or employees.
*High Tech Training & Support
*Not MLM, 100x more profitable
*Multibillion Dollar Travel Industry

The most incredible part of our business is that ALL MY CLIENTS CALL ME!

DO YOU QUALIFY FOR OUR MENTOR PROGRAM?
ACCEPTING ONLY 12 NEW ASSOCIATES   This is not a hobby! Serious Inquires Only!!

Please reply with the following information NAME:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PHONE: (Required)
BEST TIME TO CALL: TO:

mailto:perr89_at_populus.net?subject=more_info

If you would like to be removed from our list reply to: mailto:vvxx76_at_yahoo.com?subject=remove Received on Fri May 05 2000 - 08:50:22 CDT