RE: Tune for 'db file sequential read'

From: Rajagopal Venkataramany <rajagopalvr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 18:33:09 GMT

Hi Deepak,

  Try to create histograms whenever you analyze. This can improve   CBO plan in a long way.

  If the application you are using has been specifically tuned for RULE   then you can attempt the following :

  1. The optimizer Mode in Init.ora can be changed to RULE if most of your application(s) are tuned for RULE. Else this suggestion would not help you.
  2. You can set a session to work on RULE based with the Init.ora being set as COST or CHOOSE.
  3. If the default mode is COST or CHOOSE then use RULE hint to force RBO wherever needed.
    • If it is possible for you to provide a specific SQL with the background details about the indexes available, table volume, growth etc, I think we can come to a conclusion better.

Regards
Rajagopal Venkataramany

Author: Deepak Sharma
   INET: sharmakdeep_at_yahoo.com