RE: Automated standby database

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 19:42:47 GMT

different SID: I don't think so. maybe you could change it after you have opened the database

current redo log: not if you have failed over because of problems. BUT.... check Metalink for "Graceful Switchover" by Lawrence To... he talks about getting the last log over

(you archive it, send it over, and then apply it before opening)