RE: Tune for 'db file sequential read'

From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

I found out that the explain plan showed the instance on which the query was running faster was RULE based. Adding a RULE hint to the SQL on the slower instance overcame the performance issue. We then tried Analyzing ALL the tables in that query (under CHOOSE). The query didn't improve. So, the only solution is to use RULE hint. It worked in this case, but is there any other solution. It is a peoplesoft environment, where I believe application such as Crystal Report, work better under RULE. The problem, however, is our production is running under CHOOSE, so does it mean we'll have to apply RULE hint at lots of places ???