RE: Is it possible to not to use the glogin.sql just for a partic

From: Deshpande, Kirti <Kirti.Deshpande_at_gtedc.gte.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:56:37 -0500

Brian and all,
I was running it with 7.3.4.3.x on HP-UX 10.20. Evidently the behaviour of 'nologin' changed in 8.x. I could not avoid glogin.sql on 8.0.6 and 8.1.6.
My appologies to all for not testing it with 8.x prior to my reply. However, from some of the Forum messges on Oracle Metalink, I gather this may change again, due to the fact that the dbstart and dbshut scripts with 8.1.x use 'sqlplus /nolog' to connect internal. And I believe contents of glogin.sql have a potential to affect the desired result of these scripts. One more place to watch out for...
Again, sorry about the reply earlier... - Kirti