DB-Link Question

From: Jack van Zanen <nlzanen1_at_ey.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:56:26 +0100

Hi All,

I am trying to create a database link to connect to database htst75 it is succesfully created but when I use it I get following message

10:40:59 18-HDEV75-JACK> select * from v$database_at_htst75.world; select * from v$database_at_htst75.world
                         *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02085: database link HTST75.WORLD connects to HACC75.WORLD

10:41:13 18-HDEV75-JACK> select * from v$database_at_htst75 10:41:34 2 /
select * from v$database_at_htst75

                         *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02085: database link HTST75.WORLD connects to HACC75.WORLD
\****************************************
When I check the tnsnames.ora on the database server htst75 points to htst75. If I SQLPLUS to htst75 it connects to htst75 w/o problem from the database server. (Select * from v$database shows the db_name being htst75)

If I check and drop all database links (dba_db_links) and start with creating just the one link it still complaints about wrong database.

If I rename the alias to something else(test) in the tnsnames.ora and create a db_link "TEST" it gives the same error message but with HTST75 changed to TEST in the error message.
sqlplus <user>/<password>@TEST works like a charm

export ORACLE_SID=HTST75
sqlplus <user>/<password> connects to HTST75 w/o problems

Random checking off other database links to the other databases in the tnsnames file was without errors.

Does anybody have any idea what or where to look for an answer to this.

TIA Jack

De informatie verzonden met dit E-mail bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan. Ernst & Young staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden E-mail, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Ernst & Young is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.