Re: DB-Link Question

From: Garry <garry_at_weir.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 13:19:21 +0100

Hi Jack,
The last time I saw this I had copied one machine onto another and created a new database.
The problem was that the listener on the new database was using the same service name as on the original.
I had forgotten to change the listener.ora file to point to the new database.

Hope This Helps

Garry

> Hi All,
>

> I am trying to create a database link to connect to database htst75
> it is succesfully created but when I use it I get following message
> 10:40:59 18-HDEV75-JACK> select * from v$database_at_htst75.world;
> select * from v$database_at_htst75.world
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02085: database link HTST75.WORLD connects to HACC75.WORLD
>

> 10:41:13 18-HDEV75-JACK> select * from v$database_at_htst75
> 10:41:34 2 /
> select * from v$database_at_htst75
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02085: database link HTST75.WORLD connects to HACC75.WORLD
>
> \****************************************
> When I check the tnsnames.ora on the database server htst75 points to
htst75.
> If I SQLPLUS to htst75 it connects to htst75 w/o problem from the
database
> server. (Select * from v$database shows the db_name being htst75)
>
> If I check and drop all database links (dba_db_links) and start with
creating
> just the one link it still complaints about wrong database.
>
> If I rename the alias to something else(test) in the tnsnames.ora and
create a
> db_link "TEST" it gives the same error message but with HTST75 changed to
TEST
> in the error message.
> sqlplus <user>/<password>@TEST works like a charm
>
> export ORACLE_SID=HTST75
> sqlplus <user>/<password> connects to HTST75 w/o problems
>

> Random checking off other database links to the other databases in the
tnsnames
> file was without errors.
>
> Does anybody have any idea what or where to look for an answer to this.
>

> TIA
>

> Jack

All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 07:19:21 CDT