RE: need proc for: insert into table1 select * from table2

From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

How about this:
declare
cursor sourcetablename_cur is
select * from sourcetablename;

vn_count number := 0;
begin
for sourcetablename_rec in sourcetablename_cur loop insert into targettablename values (sourcetablename_rec); count := count + 1;
if count = 1000 then
commit;
count := 0;
end if;
end loop;
end;

That's all I'm doing at Nike.

I need one of those bumper stickers that say: I'D RATHER BE DBA'ing. ;)

Don't forget about ora 1555. That should be all I have to say.

No smily face there, that error deserves a frown. :(

Lyall Barbour
Current Oracle PL/SQL programmer at Nike, but wants to go back to Administration.

See ya!

Author: Ben Poels
INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com