RE: Whitepaper on Extents

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 05:23:33 +1000

Hi All,

In my opinion, the "How to stop defragmenting ..." paper goes too far in its rejection of the single extent myth. There are several reasons why hundreds of extents are bad news. Have a look at my web tip on "Planning Extents" for details.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/