Hetrogeneous services

From: H. KARTHIKEYAN <h.karthikeyan_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:12:17 +0530 (IST)

Hi group

This is regarding Hetrogeneous services setup. In Distributed database manual, its mentioned that we have to setup listener.ora to talk to non-oracle system.

LISTENER =
   (ADDRESS_LIST =

      (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL=tcp)
                (HOST = dlsun206)
                (PORT = 1521)
      )

)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
      (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME=SalesDB)
                  (ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/megabase/8.0.4)
                  (PROGRAM=tg4mb80)
      )

)

My doubt is what is the program parameter?. Whats the executable(agent) name?. Is it different for different datasources(ex. db/2,as/400..).

Thanks in Advance

H.Karthikeyan
Tata Infotech Ltd.,
System Integration Division,
80 Feet Road, Indira Nagar, Bangalore.
Ph: (80) 528 4681 (off) Ext: 423
E-mail: h.karthikeyan_at_tatainfotech.com