ORA-12545 When running the job from Crontab ...

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:03:31 -0700

Dear List,

When Running a Pro*C job manually, it runs ok. If the same job is run thru crontab, it generates an error ORA-12545. The DB is 8.0.4.2.1 on HP-UX 10.20. I need to help my developers as soon as possible. I could simulate their problem by slightly modifying sample1.pc as follows.

  1. username "scott" changed to "/"
  2. EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password; ---> changed to EXEC SQL CONNECT :username;
  3. Commented out interactive question as follows: /* printf("\nEnter employee number (0 to quit): "); gets(temp_char); emp_number = atoi(temp_char); */

The reason for changing the username and password is: This is how my developers are using to login from pro*c programs on all the boxes which is working fine except on this box.

If run this program manually, it runs ok. Gets into the DB and gets out. When run thru crontab, it generates ora-12545 error. Any clues?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 14:03:31 CDT