Re: Fw: Defragmenting paper (what does ITL stand for?)

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:24:19 EDT

ITL stands for Interested Transaction List. I'm sure someone else can phrase this more succinctly, but this is the list that Oracle uses to keep track of DML operations on the rows within a data or index block. In order for a tx to change a row in a table, for example, it must obtain a slot in the ITL for the block in which the row is contained so that Oracle can maintain information about the tx, such as the RBS info needed to rollback the tx or for read consistency, etc...

Comments and corrections welcome.