OEM: Anyone actually use it as an event monitor?

From: Jay Weinshenker <jweinshe_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 16:50:29 -0500

Heya.

At my current installation, the other DBAs are trying to set up OEM to provide notification if databases or certain services (such as forms server, web server, concurrent managers, etc.) go down. This is over roughly 12 machines and 30 or so instances.

They've been trying to use OEM, but the problem is that what works one time doesn't work at all the next - very irritating. To add to this, the DBA who got the unfortunate job of setting this up (I apologize, but I hate OEM stuff - I like unix scripting instead) is somewhat new to the DBA world, so its also a question of if it's him or OEM...

So the question is, does anyone out on the list actually have experience with using OEM to monitor if databases are up and down? Anyone configured it to work with firewalls? Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 16:50:29 CDT