Re: Oracle on OpenVMS

From: Daniel Polster - Consultant <dpolster_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 12:11:30 +0300

Dear Listers,

Yes, there are (a few) of us DBA's out there working on VMS. I'm a veteran VMS system manager that turned in the direction of DBA (mostly RDB and more recently Oracle) in the last few years. I'd still consider myself an Oracle newbie, I'm at the end of a loooooong Oracle DBA course which encompasses DBA I-V more or less.

My main system now is Oracle 8.0.5 on OVMS Alpha 7.1.

I have no experience to speak of with NLS, so I'm afraid I can't much help with Michal's question...

I do have a copy of:

Oracle7 for OpenVMS Server and Tools Administrator's Guide, Version 7.3.2.3.2
Part No. A51718-01
March 1997

which has an entire appendix devoted to NLS on VMS, at least some of which is platform-specific.
.
I don't have the 8.0 version of the manual, but I don't think that much has changed with NLS.

HTH, regards Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 04:11:30 CDT