Changing NLS_LANG parameter

From: Daiminger, Helmut <Helmut.Daiminger_at_gedas.de>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:29:10 +0200

Hi!

I am about to install Documtentum (document management system) on top of Oracle 8.1.5. The Documentum installation instructions require me to set nls_lang=GERMAN_GERMANY. But on my database server NLS_LANG is set to AMERICA_AMERICAN. How do I change this? The only way I know of is through ALTER SESSION. Can I add the NLS_LANG setting in some file so that whenever the database is started, it is set to GERMAN_GEMRANY?

This is 8.1.5 on Sun Solaris 2.7

Thanks, Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 06:29:10 CDT