Re: schema auditing

From: Kimberly Smith <KSMITH1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: 03 May 2000 11:12:41 -0700

--=_ORCL_5969098_0r0

One day when I was a developer some DBA did that to me and did it ever slow down my conversion since it was nothing but insert/update/delete and doing so none stop.
Whatever you do take the audit table out of the system tablespace. I think the table is aud$ or something like that. I believe one of the Oracle manuals go though the steps to do this.

I would question why the auditor wants this on every table. Maybe you could talk
them into just a couple of tables.

Kimberly Smith
EDS/Fujitsu
Gresham, Oregon
Work: 503-669-6050
Email: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

        kimberly.smith_at_eds.com

--=_ORCL_5969098_0r0
content-type:message/rfc822

Date: 03 May 2000 11:59:09
From:"Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> To:Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L> Subject:schema auditing
Reply-to:UNIX.IOGMD:ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com Return-Path:root_at_fatcity.cts.com

Received:from gmd.fujitsu.com (ducks.gmd.fujitsu.com [198.6.119.2]) by hdoc02.gmd.fujitsu.com with SMTP (8.7.1/8.7.1) id LAA00728 for <ksmith1.ofcmail_at_hdbi01>; Wed, 3 May 2000 11:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com by gmd.fujitsu.com (SMI-8.6/) id LAA02960; Wed, 3 May 2000 11:03:09 -0700
Received:from dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com (root_at_localhost) by dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com with ESMTP id LAA02615 for <ksmith1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>; Wed, 3 May 2000 11:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from newsfeed.cts.com (newsfeed.cts.com [209.68.192.199]) by dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com with ESMTP id LAA02611 for <ksmith1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>; Wed, 3 May 2000 11:03:06 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from fatcity.UUCP (uucp_at_localhost) by newsfeed.cts.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with UUCP id LAA03430; Wed, 3 May 2000 11:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
Received:by fatcity.com (02-Mar-2000/v1.0f-b68/bab) via UUCP id 0015758E; Wed, 03 May 2000 10:59:09 -0800

Our auditors have requested that I turn on database auditing to capture all updates, deletes and inserts that are done in the database. Does anyone do this on a regular basis.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 781-4204

Author: Jeffrey Beckstrom
  INET: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org

=00
--=_ORCL_5969098_0r0--

 From: Bruce Bergman <bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com>
 Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:15:57 -0700
 Subject: ADMIN: LastMail command (was: Q: Is the new list online)

In a message, Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de> wrote:

> Today there are no mails from the list. Is the list online?
>
> Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen
Just wanted to point out to everyone that there is an easier way to find out if everything is fine with the list, and/or if you've missed messages. Send a message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com And in the message BODY, put: LASTMAIL ORACLE-L or ALLMAIL ORACLE-L ListGuru will then send you back a message with either the headers of the last message posted, or the headers of ALL the messages posted since midnight (depending on which command you use). This way you can check up with what has been posted, find out if the list is working, etc. The best part is that you don't have to send "is the list alive" type messages to the list, which seem to just make everyone unhappy. :-) thanks, bruce ------------------------------ From: "Madhavan Amruthur" <mad012000_at_hotmail.com> Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:34:51 PDT Subject: Re: Tune for 'db file sequential read' Hi Deepak, The db file sequential read usually ndicates wait for sequential block reads (indexes mostly). Check to see if you have any buffer busy waits and if there are buffers that is being contended upon. You can query the x$bh