AW: Changing NLS_LANG parameter

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:29:05 +0200

On Server set nls_language=3DGERMAN and nls_territory=3DGERMANY in = INIT.ORA, on
client add Key NLS_LANG=3DGERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1 under section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE in your registry.

regards

i. V. Volker Sch=F6n
INPLAN RUHR
Informationstechnik GmbH
Tel.: +49 208 / 65 91 - 950
Fax: +49 208 / 65 91 - 980
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daiminger, Helmut [mailto:Helmut.Daiminger_at_gedas.de] Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2000 14:35
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Betreff: Changing NLS_LANG parameter

Hi!

I am about to install Documtentum (document management system) on top = of
Oracle 8.1.5. The Documentum installation instructions require me to = set
nls_lang=3DGERMAN_GERMANY. But on my database server NLS_LANG is set to AMERICA_AMERICAN. How do I change this? The only way I know of is = through
ALTER SESSION. Can I add the NLS_LANG setting in some file so that whenever the = database is
started, it is set to GERMAN_GEMRANY?

This is 8.1.5 on Sun Solaris 2.7

Thanks,
Helmut
--=20
Author: Daiminger, Helmut
  INET: Helmut.Daiminger_at_gedas.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 07:29:05 CDT