OAS 4.0.7 and NT 4.0 SP5

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone succesfully setup the following:

NT 4.0 SP5

   Compaq 2 x 500 MHZ CPU's
   512 Meg RAM

Oracle Application Server 4.0.7

   Patched to 4.0.7.1

Oracle Developer Server 6.0

   Installed Patch 4a

Jinitiator

   versions 1.1.7.11, 1.1.7.18, 1.1.7.27

Browser:

   Netscape Communicator 4.6
   or
   MS IE4

I have a form on the server that will run correctly when run locally with Form Builder, and with Forms Runtime.

When setup to serve this form over the web, I can get as far as the browser telling me ( in the bar at the bottom ) 'Oracle Jinitiator Applet oracle.forms.engine.Main started'

That's as far as it gets.

This is with jinitiator 1.1.7.11. With versions 1.1.7.18 and 1.1.7.27, it doesn't get that far.

I have searched MetaLink, read several notes/bulletins and forum entries, and am not making any further progress.

The OAS admin pages work fine. All services are up and running.

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 17:07:42 CDT