RE: Stopped Archiving!

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 08:48:44 -0400

At our site, I have an emergency volume (12 gig) that is kept empty. A = cron job runs every 15 minutes and if the volume that contains the = archive log is more then 90% full, the cron job moves all the archive logs = to the emergency disk. We haven't needed it too often, but when we did, it = saved our bacon.

>>> <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com> 05/01/00 05:15PM >>>
Deepak,

That DBA really need a kick if all he can do during the filled archive location is to turn archiver off!!

I always had a volume in our system which I can copy to if the database = all
in a sudden become "extremely-utter-active" and filled up the archive log.

I don't like to turn archiver off and archive it manually to another location because it will definitely kill my work load!

:P

Winnie

"Thapliyal, Deepak" <DThapliyal_at_ea.com> on 05/01/2000 12:05:58 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com=20

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

you would want to do that if you are out of space or something.. and you want to manually archive to alternate location .. its also assumed that = the
dba has done a "good job" at realizing this disk full situation at the every
last moment .. gee !!that is unless you can change the archival location = on
the fly with the dB running, in which case my argument would buckle down = to
its very knees ..ouch !!
deepak

Author: salu Ullah

Author: Thapliyal, Deepak