tnsnames.ora

From: Eric Fang <eric_fang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 11:47:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have a wierd problem to access the database today. If I use the following
sqlplusw system/manager_at_orcl.world, it is ok to connect to the database. But if I use
sqlplusw system/manager_at_orcl
I have the ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name error.
I can change the service name to whatever like orcl.c, then I am still able to connect to the database by using sqlplusw system/manager_at_orcl.c
I don't what's wrong with the service name. Any advice? The tnsnames.ora is listed as the follwing(the database is Oracle 8.1) :

ORCL.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ticket.company.com)(PORT = 1521))

    )
(CONNECT_DATA =

      (SERVICE_NAME = ORCL)
    )
  )

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 13:47:08 CDT