offtopic: OAS 4.0.8.1 DNS Aliases and SSL Certificates

From: Ian MacGregor <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 14:11:09 -0700

I am nearly through building a test environment. The purpose of this environment is to test an upgrade of the following products:

RDBMS 7.3.4 --> 8.1.6
Designer/DEVELOPER 2000 2.1 --> Designer 6.0 OAS 3.0.2 --> OAS 4.0.8.1 The 8.1.6 database has been up and running for a few months. The designer respository has been upgraded. Preliminary tests look good. OAS has been upgraded and looks good except ....

OAS is installed on a machine I'll call realnode. I want to use an alias, pseudonode.slac.stanford.edu in the URL. Because of the way DNS is setup here, I had to run OASNETCONF to properly configure the domain name. I was able to sucessfully add pseudonode to the configuration files. I tested the URL's which use pseudonode.domain without SSL and everything worked. The tests included URL's which used invoke PL/SQL cartridges I setup using the OAS manager.

All I had left to do was to install a temporary cetificate from verisign, and turn another part of the system over to the users for test. But when I open the network folder underneath the listener tree, it says "Invalid Virtual Host".
I thought it might be the svnode.cfg file ,but the additions I made to that had no affect. Any ideas?

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelrator Center Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 16:11:09 CDT