Re: Rollback segment full

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:25:54 EDT

Ana,

Once an RBS encounters an ORA-1562 error its status is changed to FULL so that no further transactions will use it. The status of FULL will be cleared when all of the current tx's in the rbs are committed or rolled back.

The alert log should show an additional error indicating why the rbs couldn't extend (typically an ORA-1650 "unable to allocate extent" or ORA-1628 "max # extents reached") in which case you don't have enough contiguous free space in the tablespace or you need to increase max extents.

HTH,