TNS-03506: Failed to create address binding

From: Louis Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:00:26 -0700

Hello all,

We're setting up an new 8.1.6 database and NET8 on a new Sun 4500, Solaris 2.7, recommended patches installed. When testing Net8 connectivity, we're able to tnsping and connect with sqlplus to all databases with no problems. When I test connectivity to EXTPROC0 however,

    tnsping EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA

I receive the following error message:

TNS-03506: Failed to create address binding

A description of the error doesn't sound too encouraging:

*Cause: The TNSPING utility found the requested address

         or service name, but received an internal error
         when trying to use it.

*Action: This is an internal error which should not
normally be visible. Ensure that memory is available to run the application and that there are no other operating system problems, and then attempt the command again.

We have 4 gig of memory on the machine, with one database with an SGA of 600 meg, so I don't believe that memory is an issue.

A search on MetaLink doesn't find anything on this error.

If anyone else out there has seen this before and can suggest anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou Avrami

Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and Great Ways to Share them with Others! Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 15:00:26 CDT