ORA-1536

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:15:52 -0700

On one of our development instances we started getting ORA-1536 errors This was after I discovered that the normal schema owners had DBA privs & removed the DBA priv. AFAIK - I'm NOT running with quotas on any schema that I really care about; especially the one that is trying to create the index as shown below. FWIW - This is Oracle V8.1.6 on Solaris V2.6 I just don't understand how/why Oracle is generating the ORA-1536 errors

SQL> /
create index i_cust_id on cust (id)

                          *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'INDEXES03'

SQL> select * from dba_ts_quotas;
select * from dba_ts_quotas

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> connect sys/******
Connected.
SQL> /

TABLESPACE_NAME                USERNAME                            BYTES  MAX_BYTES     BLOCKS MAX_BLOCKS
USERS                          TOAD                              1359872         -1         83         -1
USERS                          PERFSTAT                         66666496         -1       4069         -1
--
Charlie Mengler                       Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com                      5505 Morehouse Drive