sql-plus variable error?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:20:47 GMT

I have the following script in a file:

--

set verify off
set feedback off

accept SCHEMAOWNERFROM char prompt 'Enter Owner of the Schema you wish to move data FROM:'
accept SCHEMAOWNERTO char prompt 'Enter Owner of the Schema you wish to move data TO:'

select 'insert into HpxCatalog:' from dual;

INSERT INTO &SCHEMAOWNERTO.HpxCatalog(

       CatalogID,
	 CatalogName,
	 Description,
	 Active )
Values (
	 &SCHEMAOWNERTO.HPXSEQ_Catalog.nextval,
	 'Catalog_Name1',     -- hardcoded
	 '',
	 'T' );

--

When I run this file in sql-plus, and I enter the two variables (two schema names)at prompt, say 'testfrom' and 'testto', I got the following error in sql-plus:

'INSERTINTOHPXCATALOG:'

insert into HpxCatalog:
INSERT INTO testtoHpxCatalog(

            *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I thought I would get "INSERT INTO testto.HpxCatalog(" stuff with a dot "." in it. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Guang