LOBs and Reporting Tools

From: Jack C. Applewhite <Jack.Applewhite_at_sbti.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:37:14 -0500

--------------3CBEA6BFD9206CDA2F9B6D6E

The docs for Oracle Reports 6i state that it doesn't yet support LOBs - after emphatically touting LOBs over LONG and LONG RAW. What a two-faced bunch of hype!

Does anyone know of a reporting tool that does support LOBs?

Also, does anyone know how to get a BLOB (much larger than 32KB) into a LONG RAW column other than external C or Java routines? There is absolutely no straightforward SQL or PL/SQL way that I can find.

Thanks.

Jack

--------------3CBEA6BFD9206CDA2F9B6D6E

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jack C. Applewhite
n:              Applewhite;Jack C.
org:            Stonebridge Technologies, Inc.<BR><I>The fast track to e-business.</I>
adr:            8303 MoPac Expressway;;Suite B330;Austin;TX;78759-8366;U.S.A.
email;internet: Jack.Applewhite_at_sbti.com
title:          Senior Consultant, OCP Oracle8 DBA
tel;work:       512.502.3337
tel;fax:        512.418.9128
note:           <B>ODTUG</B> (Oracle Development Tools User Group - www.odtug.com).<BR><B>USABDA</B> (U.S. Amateur Ballroom Dancers Association - www.usabda.org)
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0