Dev 6i install

From: Larry G. Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:28:40 -0500

Listers,

I just got Developer 6i in and am going to install on my home machine in the next couple of days. NT 4.0 (SP5), 8.1.6, JDeveloper 3.0, Oracle WarehouseBuilder, OEM 2.1, WebDB 2.2, Developer 1.6.1, 2.1, and 6.0. The release notes and install guide make everything look like a piece of cake (don't' they always?); but, before I embark on this, has anyone run into problems with installing Dev 6i? I've reviewed MetaLink for any issues and didn't turn up anything.

More than once after reviewing the release notes for *all* the products on my box to see if there are any co-existence issues, the need for separate oracle homes (most of the time), dependencies, etc, and, following the install instructions to a "T" for the product being installed, I have found myself having to re-install everything, following a certain order. Install product A, install product B, reinstall RSF's for A, install C, copy two DLL's from B install disk, stand on your head and drink a glass of water, do the hokey pokey (and stick your left leg out), etc. I've got a pretty stable environment now (stable for NT anyway, at least everything is working).

I will be reviewing all of that stuff again tonight; but, I just want to know if anyone knows of any gotcha's before I do this install. I really don't want to have to re-install numerous products again; but, I *do* want to start playing with the latest tools.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
The Elkins Organization Inc.
elkinsl_at_flash.net Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 19:28:40 CDT