RE: Tablespace reorg tools

From: Jain, Akshay <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:49:58 -0400

For example, if the current table has PCTINCREASE=50, and initial extent=20K, and 8 extents, then the total size might be, lets say, 4 Meg. When reimporting, the initial extent will be the *whole table*, and the next extent will be 50 percent on top of that size (n'est pas?).

And, we still will be no better off leaving PCTINCREASE where it is, if in fact that is one of the things to change to manage segment storage better (Trying to defrag tables that were poorly defined with default storage).

Akshay Jain

Newcourt-CIT
Tel. (416) 507-5385
mailto:Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com