Re: BACKUP PROBLEM

From: Michel Durand & Basha Zapatka <durand_at_FAST.NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:05:35 -0800

Oracle Administrator wrote:

> Hello Oraclers!
>
> A backup problem. My export utility doesn't work as it should. To be exact ,
> i get the following error messages:
>
> EXP-00008: Oracle error 9{0 encountered
> ORA-00900: Invalid SQL statement
>
> EXP-00222:
> System error message 2
> EXP-00000 Export terminated uns{ccessfully
>
> I get this messages after i have given username /passwd and also the
 parameters
> of the backup{..
>
> Any suggestion??
>
> TIA
>
> Andreas Malandrinos
> Computer Engineering & Informatics Dept.
> University of Patras, Greece
> {

Relating to an earlier message. Are you using the EXP that came with a later version to extract from a dbms of an different version?. Say EXP that came with 7.1 to extract from installation 7.0 ?.

If it is at the EXP stage, it could be an Oracle bug. Is there a lot of activity on that database while you EXPort?. Try one or two table at the time see if you get same error. Does your Oracle user has the necessary privileges to EXPort? (role). Does the system user has privileges to Write to directory/Disk. Is the disk full?.