Dropping a tablespace

From: Lee Robertson <Lee_Robertson_at_QSP.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:22:40 -0500

     I recently had to create a temporary tablespace to enable me to create
     an index on a large table. I created it with no problems and then
     altered the user to pick up the new tablespace as his temporary one. I
     created the index and then altered the user back again. When I
     attempted to drop the tablespace it either a) just sat there for
     absolutely ages or b) came back with an ORA-3113 end-of-file on
     communication channel. Does anybody have a solution or have
     encountered similar problems ?

     We are running Oracle 7.0.16 on Sun/Solaris 2.4

     TIA

     Lee

     Lee_Robertson_at_qsp.co.uk